Building a new home or investment property? A Practical Completion Inspection Report “PCI” has to be the single most important independent inspection you can get. This thorough report, performed by one of our experienced building inspectors, checks the quality of your build prior to making your final payment.
Why should you get this report? The excitement of building your dream house and finally moving in can be quickly overshadowed by poor workmanship and tradies who fail to finish the job to the
What we find. A lot of building defects and other issues are not clear to the untrained eye so it’s important to engage the services of an experienced and licensed building inspector to conduct a quality assurance inspection on your behalf before handover.
Fix it before it’s an issue. Any defects not identified at this stage may not be rectified by the builder and could end up being your problem later and could potentially end up costing you a lot of money!
An Independent Expert Looking After Your Interests
At ASBIR, we’re dedicated to delivering independent handover inspections reports to new homeowners and property investors. We perform inspections prior to handover and notify you of issues.
- We conduct comprehensive residential building inspection reports for new homes.
- Inside and out. We check all internal and external materials and fittings including cabinetry and carpentry, electrical work, painting, tiling, rendering, fencing, windows, and door installation.
Your inspection is carried out by a highly-experienced and qualified building expert who is not only a licensed building consultant but also a licenced builder.
Call us on 1300 553 007 during business hours, Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm to speak to one of our friendly team. Or request an obligation free quote 24/7 via our Free Quote Form or send us an email enquiry via our Online Enquiry Form.
True Commitment to Your Satisfaction
Sometimes real estate agents, property managers or even friends might offer to do a PCI for a new homeowner, and although they might know a lot about real estate they are often not licensed builders or building consultants.
- Our inspectors are fully QBCC licensed builders and building consultants with many years of industry experience.
- Our extensive knowledge, experience and qualifications ensure expertise and professionalism in every building inspection service we provide.
At All Suburbs Building Inspections and Reports, we go to great lengths to ensure every handover inspection is carried out in a thorough, accurate and professional manner and in accordance with Australian Building Codes and Standards. You receive the highest quality inspection and most professional Handover Inspection Report possible.
Comprehensive Handover Inspection Reports
Your Handover Report is a document which includes relevant photos and a summary of the inspector’s findings, namely the defects list.
- Defects are listed by trades – so it’s easy to follow up for
- An easy to read format is sent by email (by the following business day, in most cases)
- Your report can be used as a legal document in the unfortunate case of a building dispute through the QBCC or QCAT
Your property will be thoroughly inspected inside and out for defective workmanship and any incomplete work. All building work and materials used are assessed to ensure they are of the highest quality, and that everything complies with Australian Building Codes.
Building Stage Inspections During Construction
We recommend having building stage inspections done at various stages throughout construction i.e. slab stage, frame stage, enclosed stage, pre-paint stage. This way any problems can be picked up during the building process and rectified before the build progresses to the next stage.
The friendly team at All Suburbs Building Inspections and Reports are here to support you every step of the way during the building process by providing quality inspections and professional reports, and expert advice that will help you make informed decisions and give you peace of mind.
Our handover inspection methods are superior. We inspect things that others don’t:
- External roof system
- Retaining walls
- Site drainage
We also inspect the complete interior including the ceiling cavity, and we check the floor tiles with a special tool to detect any cracked or drummy tiles.
You can read what our clients have said about us on the Customer Testimonials Page of our website.
Other Inspection Services We Offer for New Homes
The post-construction inspections we conduct include:
- Contract Inclusion Checks
- Six (6) Month Maintenance or End of Warranty Inspections
- Annual Property Maintenance Inspections
- Annual Termite Inspections
- Building Defect Reports or Expert Witness Reports for building disputes.
See below for more information about these inspections;
- Contract Inclusions Checks – At the time of the pre-handover inspection ASBIR can also carry out a check of the contract specifications and inclusions list to determine if all items e.g. appliances, fixtures & fittings etc. are correct according to the contract. This would be particularly important if you live interstate or overseas and are not able to view the property yourself.
You will appreciate knowing that the inclusions you have signed for in the contract is what has been installed. Differences between the contract inclusions and what is provided will also be noted in the report, so that any discrepancies or omissions can be addressed prior to the final progress payment being paid.
- Re-inspections or Final Handover Inspections – After the pre-handover inspection (PCI) we can carry out a re-inspection or 2nd inspection if required, to check that the defects noted on the handover report (PCI) have been rectified.
- Six (6) Month Maintenance or End of Warranty Inspections – Prior to the expiry of the statutory defects liability period we will conduct a maintenance inspection and provide you with a written report noting any defects and omissions which have become apparent during the defects liability period or may not have been rectified at handover or settlement. Things like cracking to plaster cornices, or doors that do not close properly are just a few things that are quite common. You are entitled to have any issues which are considered the builder’s responsibility rectified within specific time frames and in accordance with builders’ warranties.
- Building Defect Inspections Reports – If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of a building dispute due to building defects, you or your solicitor may request us to conduct an inspection of any items in dispute. This will be done in accordance with relevant Australian Building Codes and Standards, and a written report can be provided for the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC), the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT), or another relevant authority.
- Annual Termite Inspections – During construction, a termite barrier should be installed in all new buildings. You should receive detailed information from your builder at handover regarding the termite protection or treatment used. A yearly inspection of the property should be done to protect your property from termite infestation and timber pest damage.
ASBIR conduct termite inspections or timber pest inspections annually to the complete exterior and interior of your property, in accordance with Australian Standards AS4349.3. We will provide you with written report and recommendations for protecting your property. You should have a termite inspection done annually otherwise the structural warranty may be affected.
Our Service Areas
With our head office centrally based north of Brisbane at Kallangur and inspectors that live both northside and southside, we are ideally located to service a large part of South-East Queensland. We service all suburbs of Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Logan, Gold Coast and Ipswich, and surrounding hinterland areas.
Call us on 1300 553 007 during business hours, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm to speak to one of our friendly team.
Request an obligation free quote 24/7 via our Free Quote Form